Friday 31 May 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elfi Mikesch and Augie Mayer.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1940 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Elfi Mikesch: Cinematographer (Erotique, Out of America, Malina).
- Augie Mayer: rocker (Sir Douglas Quintet).
- Alain Duhamel: French journalist and political commentator.
- Alfonso Guerra: Spanish politician, the Vice-President 1987.
- Gilbert Louis: French Catholic clergyman, the 104th bishop of Chalons-en-Champagne since 1999.
- Anatoliy Bondarchuk: Ukrainian hammer thrower and coach
- Gilbert Shelton: American underground comics illustrator
- General Major Bernard Montgomery leaves Duinkerken
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?