Saturday 31 May 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Billy the Kid, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1941 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- June Clark: British Professor of Nursing (Middlesex University).
- Louis Ignarro: American pharmacologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Gil [Walter] Morgan in Haddock: Georgia, USA; PGA golfer (1990 Kemper Open).
- Johnny Paycheck in Greenfield: Ohio, USA; singer ("Take This Job and Shove It").
- Kenneth Cooper in New York City: New York, USA; harpsichordist/professor (Barnard, Brooklyn).
- 1st issue of Parade goes on sale
- 41 U-boats sunk this month (325,000 ton)
- German occupiers of Netherlands forbid Jews access to beach and swimming pools.
- British troops vacate Crete.
- A Luftwaffe air raid in Dublin, Ireland claims 38 lives.
- Anglo-Iraqi War: The United Kingdom completes the re-occupation of Iraq and returns 'Abd al-Ilah to power as regent for Faisal II.
- Four thousand Chongqing residents are asphyxiated in a bomb shelter during the Bombing of Chongqing.
- A Serbian ammunition depot explodes at Smederevo on the outskirts of Belgrade, Serbia, killing 2,500, and injuring over 4,500.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?