Wednesday 31 May 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Barker and Gregory Harrison in Catalina.
The Asphalt Jungle, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Armstrong Circle Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1950!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1950 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Edward Barker: Cartoonist.
- Gregory Harrison in Catalina: California, USA; actor (Trapper John, Logan's Run).
- Tom Berenger in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Big Chill, Someone to Watch Over Me).
- Alexandre Barbault: French astrologer and member of a noted French astrology family, the son of Armand Barbault and nephew of Andre Barbault.
- Gregory Harrison: American actor, popular as the handsome and sexy surgeon Gonzo Gates for seven years on the hit TV series "Trapper John, M.D.
- Jean Chalopin: French director producer and screenwriter founded DIC Entertainment
- Edgar Savisaar: Estonian politician Estonian Minister of the Interior
- Due to rain, Indianapolis 500 shortened to 345 miles, Johnny Parson wins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Starr - Bonaparte's Retreat
- Count Every Star - Ray Anthony
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?