Sunday 31 May 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fabio Concato and Pirkka-Pekka Petelius.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Julius Caesar, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Candid Camera.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1953!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1953 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Fabio Concato: Italian singer-songwriter, who started his career with the cabaret group "I mormoranti", performing at the Derby Club in his hometown.
- Pirkka-Pekka Petelius: Finnish actor and screenwriter.
- Linda Riordan: English politician.
- Lynne Truss: English journalist and author.
- WSUN TV channel 38 in St. Petersburg-Tampa, Florida (IND) 1st broadcast
- Lebanese President Camille Shamun disbands government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Limelight (Terry's Theme) - Frank Chacksfield & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?