Tuesday 31 May 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ben de and Laura Baugh in Gainesville.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Unchained Melody by Les Baxter & His Orchestra.
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sam and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1955 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Ben de: Lisi; British fashion designer.
- Laura Baugh in Gainesville: Florida, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Youngstown Classic-9th).
- Larry Owen: American baseball player, a right-handed who played with the Atlanta Braves (1981–83, 1985) and Kansas City Royals (1987–88).
- Bruce Adolphe: American pianist composer and scholar.
- Ben de Lisi: American fashion designer.
- Tommy Emmanuel: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dragon)
- Susie Essman: American actress producer and screenwriter
- Nilüfer Yumlu: Turkish singer-songwriter
- Supreme Court orders school integration with all deliberate speed
- Great Britain proclaims emergency crisis due to railroad strike.
- US Supreme Court orders school integration "with all deliberate speed".
- Construction begins on Soviet cosmodrome launch facilities.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?