Thursday 31 May 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Rififi, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1956 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Fritz Hilpert: German musician and sound engineer (Kraftwerk).
- John Young: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Qango and Strawbs).
- Bart van Poppel: Dutch bassist / guitarist / singer (Tambourine).
- Yoshiko Sakakibara: Chiba, Japan -- Actress (Sailor Moon, Vampire Hunter).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?