Friday 31 May 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1957 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Stephen Jones: British milliner.
- Jim Craig in North Easton: Massachusetts, USA; hockey goalie (Olympics-gold-1980).
- Jim Craig: North Easton, Massachusetts -- Hockey goalie (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kyle Secor: American actor and director.
- Great Britain performs nuclear test at Christmas Island (atmospheric)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?