Sunday 31 May 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison.
In UK A Fool Such As I / I Need Your Love Tonight by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
They Came to Cordura, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1959!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1959 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Andrea de Cesaris: Italian racing driver.
- Vera Schefthaller: German qualified bank clerk, professional research astrologer, data collector and author.
- Andrea De Cesaris: Italian race driver in the Formula One for Renault.
- Pascal Houzelot: French film producer and president of Pink TV, France's gay satellite channel.
- Phil Wilson: English politician.
- Pat Porter: American track and field champion athlete. He was twice cross country champion and once a national champ in the indoor two-mile race. He placed third in the men's 10,000 meter race in the 1984 Olympic trials.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Cavalier Golf Open.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Dave Baby Cortez - The Happy Organ
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- The Impalas - Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Edward Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie (Lend Me Your Comb)
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Franck Pourcel's French Fiddles - Only You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?