Sunday 31 May 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scotti Hill in Manhasset and Stéphane Caristan.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Love Me Do by The Beatles.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1964!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1964 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Scotti Hill in Manhasset: New York, USA; rock guitarist (Skid Row-Psycho Love).
- Stéphane Caristan: French athlete, track and field, he was the European champion on the 110m hurdles and national record holder (before Ladji Doucouré and after Guy Drut).
- Darryl McDaniel: American musician aka DMC.
- Leonard Asper: Canadian lawyer and businessman.
- Yukio Edano: Japanese politician Japanese Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- Scotti Hill: American guitarist and songwriter (Skid Row)
- Darryl McDaniels: American rapper and producer (Run D.M.C.)
- Charles Schmid kills first Pied Piper victim
- San Francisco Giants beat New York Mets, 8-6, in 23 innings (second game) (7 hours 32 minutes).
- Ruth Jessen wins LPGA Babe Didrikson-Zaharias Golf Open.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- Roy Orbison - It's Over
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?