Wednesday 31 May 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Respect by Aretha Franklin.
In UK Silence Is Golden by The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
El Dorado, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1967!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1967 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Sandrine Bonnaire: French actress, has appeared in over 40 French and Hollywood films.
- Phil Keoghan: New Zealand television personality.
- Kenny Lofton in East Chicago: Illinois, USA; outfielder (Cleveland Indians).
- Vampiro : Canadian-Mexican wrestler and sportscaster.
- Kenny Lofton: American baseball player coach and sportscaster.
- Billy Strayhorn: American jazz musician, composer and arranger, pianist and lyricist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- The Mamas & The Papas - Creeque Alley
- Paul Revere and the Raiders - Him Or Me - What's It Gonna Be?
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Temptations - All I Need
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?