Thursday 31 October 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1929 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Paul-Marie Guillaume: French Catholic clergyman, who has been the Bishop Emeritus of Saint Dié since 2005.
- Jacques Freimuler: France sport Champion.
- Eddie Charlton: Australian snooker player (d. 2004).
- William Orchard: Australian water polo player and psychiatrist (d. 2014).
- Bud Spencer: Bud Spencer is an Italian actor, filmmaker and a former professional swimmer.
- Antonio Jose de Almeida: Portuguese politician (Born 1866).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 October 1929 and get them!