Thursday 31 October 1929, Halloween
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul-Marie Guillaume and Bud Spencer.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1929 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Paul-Marie Guillaume: French Catholic clergyman, who has been the Bishop Emeritus of Saint Dié since 2005.
- Bud Spencer: Bud Spencer is an Italian actor, filmmaker and a former professional swimmer.
- Jacques Freimuler: France sport Champion.
- Eddie Charlton: Australian snooker player (d. 2004).
- William Orchard: Australian water polo player and psychiatrist (d. 2014).
- Antonio Jose de Almeida: Portuguese politician (Born 1866).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 October 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?