Thursday 31 October 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Mark of Zorro, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1940 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Pierre-André Wiltzer: French politician, a member of the Union for French Democracy and the Union for a Popular Movement, he was Minister of Cooperation, MP of the fourth district of Essonne, regional councilor for Ile-de-France and mayor of Longjumeau.
- Craig Rodwell: American businessman and activist founded the Oscar Wilde Bookshop (d. 1993).
- Judith Wilcox: Baroness Wilcox English businesswoman and politician.
- 63 U-boats sunk this month (325,000 ton)
- Battle of Britain: Germany and Britair control of English Channel, ends
- Deadline for Warsaw Jews to move into the Warsaw Ghetto.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?