Friday 31 October 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of the Thin Man, directed by Maj. W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1941 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Lucas Brown Jackson: San Marcos, Texas -- Basketballer (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dan Alderson: American scientist and academic (d. 1989).
- Derek Bell: English race car driver.
- Werner Krieglstein: Czech-American philosopher and academic.
- Spilios Spiliotopoulos: Greek politician.
- Ali Primera: musician, composer, poet, and Venezuelan political activist. He was one of the best known representatives of Nueva canción ("new song") in Venezuela – his songs "condemning exploitation and repression, and celebrating resistance, struck a chord among a wide public," and he is known in Venezuela as El Cantor del Pueblo (The People's Singer). In 2005 the Venezuelan government declared his music to be national heritage.
- Herwarth Walden: Writer, dies at 63.
- Mount Rushmore is completed
- Prior to US in WWII, Germany torpedoes US destroyer Reuben James
- The Mount Rushmore monument is completed in the USA.
- World War II: The destroyer USS Reuben James is torpedoed by a German U-boat near Iceland, killing more than 100 United States Navy sailors. It is the first U.S. Navy vessel sunk by enemy action in WWII.
- A fire in a clothing factory in Huddersfield, England kills 49
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?