Wednesday 31 October 1945, Halloween
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Berkley and Claire Gibault.
Fallen Angel, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1945 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- William Berkley: American statistical financier specializing in the insurance fields and CEO of W.R.
- Claire Gibault: French conductor and politician, a Member of the European Parliament for the south-east of France.
- Michael Ventura: American journalist and author who co-wrote, with James Hillman, "We’ve Had a Hundred Years of Psychotherapy and the World’s Getting Worse," 1991.
- Russ Ballard: English rock singer/songwriter, guitarist (Argent).
- Brian Doyle-Murray: American actor producer and screenwriter.
- Barrie Keeffe: English playwright screenwriter and producer
- Avi Shlaim: Iraqi-Israeli historian and academic
- Henry Ainley: Actor (As You Like It), dies at 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Walkin' with My Honey (Soon, Soon, Soon) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Jo Stafford - That's for Me
- It Might As Well Be Spring - Paul Weston & His Orchestra (Vocal Margaret Whiting)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?