Tuesday 31 October 1950, Halloween
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jane Pauley in Indianapolis and Jozef Stolorz.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1950 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Jane Pauley in Indianapolis: Indiana, USA; newscaster (Today, NBC Weekend).
- Jozef Stolorz: Polish art painter.
- John Candy: American actor and comedian, extremely overweight with the face of a sweet, wicked baby.
- Jane Pauley: News Anchor.
- Zaha Hadid: British architect.
- Antonio Taguba: Filipino-American general
- Collazo and Torresola attempt to kill Truman in Washington, DC
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?