Wednesday 31 October 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Friendly Persuasion, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1956 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Bruce Bawer: American poet and critic.
- Christopher de Leon: Filipino actor director producer and politician.
- Anders Lago: Swedish Social Democratic politician.
- Roberto Malone: Italian porn actor and director.
- Charles Moore: English journalist and author.
- Didier Lustig: French pro astrologer. A former piano teacher, he opened a consulting firm in Nice in November 1987, and has been based in Paris since 2001, continuing his astrological activities as a consultant, teacher, researcher and lecturer.
- 1st American to land an airplane at South Pole - Rear Admiral GJ Dufek
- Brooklyn, New York ends streetcar service
- Rear Admiral G. J. Dufek becomes the first person to land an airplane at the South Pole.
- Suez Crisis: The United Kingdom and France begin bombing Egypt to force the reopening of the Suez Canal.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 October 1956 and get them!