Monday 31 October 1960, Halloween
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janice Harrer and Reza Pahlavi in Iran.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
North to Alaska, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1960 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Janice Harrer: Torrance, California -- WPVA volleyballer (US Open-1989, Olympics - 1996).
- Reza Pahlavi in Iran: son of Shah of Iran.
- Reza Pahlavi: Iranian royalty, the first son of Farah Diba and the Shah of Iran and heir to the throne of the peacock kingdom.
- Jim Benton: Cartoonist.
- Arnaud Desplechin: French director cinematographer and screenwriter.
- Luis Fortuño: Puerto Rican lawyer and politician 9th Governor of Puerto Rico
- Mike Gallego: American baseball player and coach
- H L Davis: US writer (Honey in the Horn, Pulitzer prize), dies at 64.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Joe Jones - You Talk Too Much
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Bob Luman - Let's Think About Living
- Johnny Tillotson - Poetry In Motion
- Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?