Tuesday 31 October 1961
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
The Comancheros, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1961 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Christine Bridged: Australian European class yachter (1996 Olympics).
- Glenn "Doc" Rivers: NBA guard (San Antonio Spurs).
- Sterling Hinds: Toronto, Ontario -- 4X100m relayer (1984 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Peter Jackson: New Zealander film maker and Oscar-winning director for his movie trilogy, "The Lord of the Rings" based on the J.R.
- Alonzo Babers: Montgomery, Alabama -- 400m / 4X400m relay (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kate Campbell: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Larry Mullen: Jr. Irish drummer songwriter and actor (U2 and Automatic Baby)
- Federal judge rules that Birmingham, Alabama, laws against integrated playing fields are illegal
- Hurricane Hattie, kills 400 in British Honduras
- In the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin's body is removed from Lenin's Tomb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?