Thursday 31 October 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar Shack by Jimmy Gilmer.
In UK Do You Love Me? by Brian Poole & The Tremeloes was in the top 5 hits.
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, directed by Stanley Kramer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1963!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1963 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Johnny Marr: English guitarist and songwriter (The Smiths, Modest Mouse).
- Dermot Mulroney: American actor.
- Rob Schneider: American actor.
- Fred McGriff: Tampa, Florida -- Infielder (Atlanta Braves).
- Alessandra Canale: Italian TV announcer who had an affair with a high level politician that resulted in a baby boy.
- Dunga : Brazilian footballer and manager
- Sanjeev Bhaskar: English actor and screenwriter
- Mikkey Dee: Swedish drummer and songwriter (Motörhead and King Diamond)
- Rick Allen: English drummer (Def Leppard)
- Henry Daniell: Actor (Camille, Body Snatchers), dies at 69.
- Ed Sullivan witnesses Beatles and their fans at London Airport
- J Edgar Hoover last meeting with President John F Kennedy
- Leaking propane gas explodes, kills 64 at "Holiday on Ice" (Indiana).
- An explosion at the Indiana State Fair Coliseum (now Pepsi Coliseum) in Indianapolis kills 74 people during an ice skating show. The explosion also injures 400. A faulty propane tank connection in a concession stand is blamed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Gilmer - Sugar Shack
- Nino Tempo & April Stevens - Deep Purple
- The Village Stompers - Washington Square
- Ray Charles - Busted
- Roy Orbison - Mean Woman Blues
- Dion Di Muci - Donna The Prima Donna
- Skeeter Davis - I Can't Stay Mad At You
- The Ronettes - Be My Baby
- The Impressions - It's All Right
- Los Indios Tabajaras - Maria Elena
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?