Saturday 31 October 1964, Halloween
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amanda Sandrelli and Marco van Basten.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Love by The Supremes.
In UK Oh Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Kiss, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Gäste des Felix Hechinger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1964!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1964 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- Amanda Sandrelli: Rome, Italy -- Actress (The Key).
- Marco van Basten: Dutch soccer star (Ajax, AC Milan).
- Colm O Ciosoig: Irish drummer (My Bloody Valentine, Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions).
- Marco Van Basten: Dutch football manager and former football player, who played for Ajax and Milan, as well as the Dutch national team, in the 1980s and early 1990s.
- Amy Biersack: Family Member.
- Frank Bruni: American journalist and critic
- Colm Cíosóig: Irish drummer and songwriter (My Bloody Valentine Mazzy Star and Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions)
- Darryl Worley: American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Theodore C Freeman: astronaut, dies at age 34 in a T-38 jet air crash.
- President Lyndon Johnson signs the Federal Food Stamp Act as Public Law 88-525.
- Campaigning at Madison Square Garden, New York, U.S. President Lyndon Johnson pledges the creation of the Great Society.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- J. Frank Wilson and the Cavaliers - Last Kiss
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- Betty Everett - Let It Be Me
- The Honeycombs - Have I The Right?
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Hondells - Little Honda
- Roger Miller - Chug-A-Lug
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?