Friday 31 October 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley.
In UK I'll Never Fall In Love Again by Bobbie Gentry was in the top 5 hits.
Marlowe, directed by Paul Bogart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 31 October 1969 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
- David Coburn: American actor/voice actor.
- Henry John Mills: NFL tight end (Houston Oilers).
- Lee Woodall: NFL linebacker (SF 49ers).
- Edgar Wunder: German social scientist, geographer, researcher in anomalistics und politician (Die Linke).
- Hugo Pfister: Composer, dies at 55.
- Race riot in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Wal-Mart incorporates as Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon addresses the nation on television and radio, asking the ampquotsilent majorityampquot to join him in solidarity with the Vietnam War effort, and to support his policies. Vice President Spiro T. Agnew denounces the President's critics as 'an effete corps of impudent snobs' and 'nattering nabobs of negativism'.
- Süleyman Demirel of AP forms the new government of Turkey (31st government)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- Smith - Baby It's You
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Oliver - Jean
- The Cuff Links - Tracy
- The Beatles - Come Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?