Tuesday 31 October 2006, Halloween
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Money Maker by Ludacris.
In UK America by Razorlight was in the top 5 hits.
The Nude Vampire, directed by Jean Rollin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while A Series of Unfortunate Events #13: The End by Lemony Snicket was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 2006!
Which were the important events of 31 October 2006 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 October
- Esperanza Fire
- California authorities arrest a man who is suspected of intentionally starting two wildfires this summer and is considered a person of interest in the Esperanza Fire. (San Francisco Examiner)
- A United States federal appeals court blocks a landmark judgment against the tobacco industry clearing the way for selling ampquotlightampquot and ampquotlow tarampquot cigarettes until industry appeals can be reviewed. (AP via Kiplinger forecasts)
- Hassan Nasrallah, the Secretary-General of Hezbollah, says that it has started negotiating with Israel on prisoner exchange. (Reuters)
- Galymzhan Zhakiyanov, a prominent Kazakhstani politician and one of the founders of Democratic Choice of Kazakhstan, says the Government of Kazakhstan should ampquotlook at other circumstances that have harmed Kazakhstan's imageampquot instead of ampquotfighting Borat.ampquot (stuff)
- The Prince of Wales’s controversial visit today to a madrassa in the Pakistani town of Peshawar, bordering Afghanistan has been cancelled over fears for his safety, after calls by Islamic leaders for revenge for a Pakistani airstrike that destroyed another religious school about 60 miles away. (The Times)
- The Lebanese army issued a statement saying its gunners fired anti-aircraft artillery at Israel Air Force warplanes as they flew over south Lebanon. (Haaretz)
- China announces the resumption of the stalled six-party talks to find a peaceful resolution to concerns about North Korean nuclear weapons program. (BBC News)
- Taliban insurgency: Suspected militants attack a convoy of NATO troops in Afghanistan's eastern province of Nuristan killing three soldiers. (Reuters)
- Fiji's military stage exercises around the capital Suva and close off the city's army barracks as tensions rose due to fears of a coup d'état. Fiji's military chief, Frank Bainimarama, has threatened to force the Prime Minister of Fiji Laisenia Qarase to resign unless the Prime Minister drops two Bills, one which will offer amnesty to some of those involved in a 2000 coup led by George Speight. (ABC News Australia)
- Bob Barker, longtime host of the American game show ''The Price Is Right'', announces he will retire in June 2007 after hosting the program since 1972. (CNN.com)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?