Wednesday 31 October 2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Crank That (Soulja Boy) by Soulja Boy Tell'em.
In UK About You Now by Sugababes was in the top 5 hits.
Champagne, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 2007!
Which were the important events of 31 October 2007 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 October
- Ray Gravell: Welsh rugby player and actor (d. 2007).
- The World Economic Forum releases The Global Competitiveness Report 2007-2008.
- The United States Federal Reserve reduces short-term interest rates to 4.5 per cent, the second cut in three months. (NYT)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush nominates Fmr. Governor of North Dakota Ed Schafer for United States Secretary of Agriculture. (Prairie Farmer)
- At least 8 people are killed and 53 are injured when militants bomb a bus in Togliatti, Russia. (Bloomberg)
- 21 of the 28 people accused over the 2004 Madrid train bombings have been found guilty four of them are charged with murder. (Sky News)
- Police question Prince Harry over shooting of endangered Hen Harriers at the Royal Family's Sandringham House estate.
- Alcatel-Lucent announces plans to cut 4,000 jobs. (Reuters)
- Buddhist monks return to the streets of Burma for the first time since a crackdown on protests last month. (BBC)
- Police in India's Meghalaya state say they have killed five tribal separatists in the capital of Shillong. (BBC)
- Los Angeles authorities reveals that a boy playing with matches caused one of the Los Angeles fires. (CNN)
- A United States district court blocks new patent rules relating to continuation practice at the USPTO, originally scheduled to take effect on November 1, 2007. (InformationWeek)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 October 2007 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?