Sunday 31 October 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Due Date, directed by Todd Phillips, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lost Hero: The Heroes of Olympus, Book One by Rick Riordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 October 2010!
Which were the important events of 31 October 2010 ?
- October 31st is Nevada Day
- Protestant Church - Reformation Day: Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses on the Wittenberg church on this day in 1517
- Wikipedia - Wikipedia:Tim Starling Day
- Cornwall - Allantide
- October 31st is Halloween; also see Samhain (an approximate date)
- St. Wolfgang
- St Urban
- St. Quentin
- St. Notburga
- St. Bega
- Paganism and Celts - Samhain
- St. Arnulf
- Also see October 31 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - October 31 is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Antoninus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 31 October
- The US, UK, France and Germany ban all air freight from Yemen at their respective countries' airports following the discovery of two explosive packages. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Nigeria intercepts a weapons shipment including artillery rockets, originating in Iran, after Israeli officials accused Iran of trying to smuggle the weapons into the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- A bomb blast occurs in Istanbul's Taksim Square, injuring at least fifteen people. (Reuters)
- Iraqi police raid the Sayidat al-Nejat Catholic Church in the Karrada district of Baghdad where gunmen were holding a hundred hostages resulting in seven hostages being killed and twenty injured. (Al Jazeera)
- The Shanghai World Expo in China ends. (BBC)
- The President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez nationalises Sidetur, a subsidiary of Sivensa. (Reuters)
- The Sony BMG CD copy protection scandal is triggered after Mark Russinovich publishes details of Sony's rootkit.
- 2010 Atlantic hurricane season:
- The death toll from the 2010 Haitian cholera outbreak reaches 330 with the impact of Hurricane Tomas later in the week expected to make things worse. (CNN)
- The death toll from the Sumatra tsunami reaches 435 with 110 people missing and feared dead. (AFP via ABC News Online)
- Mount Merapi erupts again in Indonesia, surprising villagers who had returned to check their possessions. (AP)
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai denounces a large-scale drug raid in which U.S. forces and Russian drug agents took part, calling it a violation of Afghan sovereignty, even though Afghan police participated. (''Los Angeles Times'')
- Six New Zealanders return home after breaking Israel's blockade of Gaza claiming to have delivered medical aid and a message of international solidarity. (Newstalk ZB)
- A United States military commission sentences Guantanamo Bay detainee Omar Khadr to eight more years in prison after pleading guilty to the murder of an American soldier in 2002. (CNN)
- The Somali parliament approves Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed as Prime Minister. (RFI)
- Voters in Brazil go to the polls for the second round of the Brazilian presidential election between Dilma Rousseff and José Serra. Rousseff won 55% of the vote and will become the first female President of Brazil. (CNN)
- Voters in the Ivory Coast go to the polls for the long delayed presidential election. (Reuters)
- Voters in Tanzania go to the polls for the country's general election. (BBC)
- The International Cricket Council upholds the suspension of two Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Amir for involvement in the 2010 Pakistan cricket spot-fixing controversy. (Reuters)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?