How long until October 13, 2019 ?
There are 108 days until October 13, 2019
Famous birthdays of October 13
- (2006) Brooke Morris: Model.
- (2003) Fallon Chapman: Dancer.
- (2001) Raymond Ochoa: Actor.
- (2000) Anastasia Kingsnorth: YouTube Star.
- (2000) Gail Soltys: TV Actress.
Holidays and feasts of October 13
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Facts of October 13
- (2006) Two people protesting the impeachment of Plateau State governor Joshua Dariye are killed by riot police in Jos, Nigeria. (BBC)
- (1972) Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571 crashes in the Andes mountains, near the border between Argentina and Chile. By December 23, 1972, only 16 out of 45 people lived long enough to be rescued.
- (2009) The Philippines deploys soldiers and gunboats to surround the strongholds of suspected militants and pressure them to release an abducted Irish priest. (CBC)
- (1988) In the second U.S. presidential debate, held by U.C.L.A., the Democratic party nominee, Michael Dukakis, is asked by journalist Bernard Shaw of CNN if he would support the death penalty if his wife, Kitty, were to be raped and murdered. Gov. Dukakis' reply, voicing his opposition to capital punishment in any and all circumstances, is later said to have been a major reason for the eventual failure of his campaign for the White House.
- (1962) At the Riverside International Raceway in California, the Los Angeles Times Three-Hour Invitational Grand Prix race is held. 1963 model production Corvettes make their racing debut, as does the Ford-powered Cobra. Finishing 1st overall is the Mickey Thompson #119 black Corvette Z06, driven by Doug Hooper. He averages 84-mph over the 250-mile course. The 260-ci Cobra leads by about one mile after one hour of racing when its rear suspension fails.
October 13 over the years: how did the world look like on October 13 in the past 120 years ?
Select your date below