Thursday 5 May 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Wishing Well by Terence Trent D'Arby.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
Two Moon Junction, directed by Zalman King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Icarus Agenda by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1988 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Skye Sweetnam: Rock Singer.
- Kevin Gruft: Guitarist.
- Kevin Alston: Soccer Player.
- Brooke Hogan: American singer and television personality.
- Adele : English pop singer and songwriter.
- Jessica Dubroff: American pilot at the age of seven, aiming to be the youngest pilot to cross the U.S. when she crashed in Cheyenne, WY 4/11/96, killing her, her dad and flight instructor Joe Reid. Her Cessna Cardinal was fitted with extensions for her feet to reach the pedals and a booster seat. It was overloaded and the weather was bad. When they took off at 8:23 AM, the plane seemed to struggle, falter, and fall.
- Mai Agan: Estonian bass player and composer
- Richard O'Dwyer: English computer programmer
- Eugene A Marino installed as 1st black US Archbishop
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Aerosmith - Angel
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
- Natalie Cole - Pink Cadillac
- Icehouse - Electric Blue
- Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?