Wednesday 1 July 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Glenister and Michael Schrader.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston.
In UK I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
Spaceballs, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Misery by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood the Golden Years: The RKO Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flunky or Metal Gear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1987!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1987 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
Famous Birthdays:01 July
- Snakefinger : English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Residents and Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers) (d. 1987).
- Bork nominated to Supreme Court, rejected in October by Senate
- New York City radio station WFAN-AM becomes 1st 24 hour all sports radio
- U.S. President Ronald Reagan nominates former Solicitor General Robert Bork, a controversial conservative judge and legal scholar, to the U.S. Supreme Court (rejected by the Senate in October).
- The American radio station WFAN in New York City is launched as the world's first all-sports radio station.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?