Wednesday 6 January 1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm Your Angel by R. Kelly.
In UK Believe by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Run Lola Run, directed by Tom Tykwer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1999!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1999 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 06 January
- Michel Petrucciani: French pianist and composer who transcended the physical handicap of being a dwarf to work with established musicians, including saxophonists Lee Konitz and Charles Lloyd, but who was particularly noted for his passionate and extroverted solos.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?