Friday 6 October 1995
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Fantasy by Mariah Carey.
In UK Fairground by Simply Red was in the top 5 hits.
Strange Days, directed by Kathryn Bigelow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while My American Journey by Colin Powell with Joseph E. Persico was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1995!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1995 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Michael Boxleitner: American noted family, the son of acting couple Melissa Gilbert and Bruce Boxleitner, married 1/01/1995.
- Jessica Lunsford: American kidnapping victim (d. 2005).
- Emmanuel Matos: YouTube Star.
- Colorodo Avalanche (former Quebec Nordiques) 1st NHL game, beat Detroit
- Crash Morgan, drummer for Big Sugar, dies while performing in Waterloo, Iowa, USA at age 36.
- 51 Pegasi is discovered to be the first major star apart from the Sun to have a planet (and extrasolar planet) orbiting around it.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?