Thursday 7 April 1994
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tobiias and Johanna Allik.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bump N' Grind by R. Kelly.
In UK The Most Beautiful Girl In The World by Prince was in the top 5 hits.
Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult, directed by Peter Segal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while The Client by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El palacio de la risa.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond Oasis or Coca-Cola Kid.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1994.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1994!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1994 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
Famous Birthdays:07 April
- Agathe Uwilingiyimana: Prime Minister of Rwanda, assassinated.
- Arthur Gordon Clough: Journalist, dies at 59.
- Evert Hartman: Dutch writer (War Without Friends), dies at 56.
- Francois de Grossouvre: President Mitterrand advisor, suicide at 76.
- Angelus Gottfried "Golo" Mann: German/US historian, dies at age 85 in Leverkusen, Germany (born 1909).
- Lee Brilleaux: British R&B-singer/guitarist (Stupidity), dies at age 41.
- Kurt Cobain: American musician, lead singer whose anguished lyrics helped sell millions of records featuring the gritty sound of grunge rock 'n roll of "Nirvana," a head banging punk metal band formed in 1991.
- Golo Mann: German/Swiss conservative historian, essayist and writer. He was the third child of the novelist Thomas Mann and his wife Katia Mann. He lived mostly in Kilchberg, a suburb of Zürich, in the family home which the Mann family acquired after return from their American exile in 1952. He was homosexual, a fact he kept hidden from the public until a few days before his death.
- Medea opens at Longacre Theater NYC for 82 performances
- Shannen Doherty files for divorce from Ashley Hamilton
- Singer Percy Sledge pleads guilty to tax evasion
- New York Yankees beat Texas Rangers 18-6.
- Vatican acknowledges Holocaust (Germans killing Jews) for first time.
- Rwandan Genocide: Massacres of Tutsis begin in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Auburn Calloway attempts to hijack FedEx Express Flight 705 and crash it to insure his family with his life insurance policy. The crew subdues him and lands the aircraft safely.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- R. Kelly - Bump N' Grind
- Ace Of Base - The Sign
- Mariah Carey - Without You
- Celine Dion - The Power Of Love
- All-4-One - So Much In Love
- Salt 'N Pepa - Whatta Man
- Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
- Richard Marx - Now And Forever
- Prince - The Most Beautiful Girl In The World
- Bruce Springsteen - Streets Of Philadelphia
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?