Sunday 13 January 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Békaert and Qi Hui.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
In UK I Want To Know What Love Is by Foreigner was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Paradise, directed by Jim Jarmusch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Golden Oldie Picture Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gradius or Master of the Lamps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1985!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1985 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- David Békaert: French jockey, the son of well-known jockey and horse-racing personality Philippe Békaert.
- Qi Hui: Chinese swimmer.
- Luke Robinson: American wrestler.
- 99-yr-old Otto Bucher scores a hole-in-one at Spanish golf course
- Blackhawk Doug Wilson failed on 12th penalty shot against Islanders
- Cerberal Palsy telethon raises $17,1000,000
- Cerebral Palsy telethon raises US$17,100,000.
- Express train derails in Ethiopia, kills at least 428.
- 23rd Tennis Federation Cup: Czechoslovakia beats USA in Nagoya, Japan (2-1).
- A passenger train plunges into a ravine in Ethiopia, killing 428 in the worst railroad disaster in Africa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?