Sunday 19 April 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel Schuhmacher and Maria Sharapova.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) by Aretha Franklin.
In UK La Isla Bonita by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Withnail & I, directed by Bruce Robinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Fine Things by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Flak Attack or The Guild of Thieves.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1987!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1987 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Daniel Schuhmacher: German singer, winner of the sixth season of "Deutschland sucht den Superstar", the German edition of "Pop Idol".
- Maria Sharapova: Russian tennis player, the first Russian to win the 4 tournaments of the grand slam.
- John Flickinger: YouTube Star.
- Joe Hart: English footballer.
- Oksana Akinshina: Russian actress.
- David Cavazos: Mexican singer-songwriter
- Luigi Giorgi: Italian footballer
- Courtland Mead: American actor.
- Lauren Wilson: Canadian figure skater
- Brewers score 5 runs in 9th to win 6-4 and record 12th straight AL win
- LA Clippers end season with a terrible 12-70 record
- Gregory Robertson does 200-mph free fall to save unconscious skydiver.
- Milt Kahl dies of cancer (born 1909). He worked on Walt Disney Company animation for 22 short films, and 24 feature films.
- Last wild condor captured on California wildlife reserve.
- Jan Stephenson wins LPGA Santa Barbara Golf Open.
- The first TV appearance of The Simpsons on The Tracy Ullman Show.
- ''The Simpsons'' cartoon first appears as a series of shorts on ''The Tracey Ullman Show''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 April 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)
- Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now
- Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
- Prince - Sign O' The Times
- Lou Gramm - Midnight Blue
- Jody Watley - Looking For A New Love
- Club Nouveau - Lean On Me
- Steve Winwood - The Finer Things
- Expose - Come Go With Me
- Cutting Crew - (I Just) Died In Your Arms
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?