Friday 23 September 1994
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to I'll Make Love To You by Boyz II Men.
In UK Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was in the top 5 hits.
Ed Wood, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while Debt of Honor by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1994.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1994!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1994 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
Famous Birthdays:23 September
- Madeleine Renaud: French actress, comedienne and theater director, a leading actress of French stage and screen who married Jean-Louis Barrault.
- Alec Dickson: Founder of VSO, dies at 80.
- Ali Kouider Benyahia [sheik Boualem]: Alg Moslem leader, shot at 26.
- Cherif Gousmi [kalief Abu Abdallah Ahmed]: Alger Moslem leader, shot.
- Dalton Reed: Singer, dies at 42.
- John van Damme: Businessman, hanged in Singapore at 59
- Jerry Barber: American golfer (Born 1916)
- Robert Bloch: American writer of science and weird fiction, a scenarist and copy-writer. He became interested in "Weird Tales" in 1932, and began to publish in 1934 as a contributor to sci-fi and fantasy magazines. He worked in advertising in the 1940s while writing. In 1944, he wrote 39 episodes of a radio horror show, "Stay Tuned for Terror." His first novel was "The Scarf," but it was "Psycho" that made him famous when it was made into a classic movie thriller in 1960. After his success, he moved to Hollyw
- Pinatubo volcano in Philippines erupts, kills at least 14
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - I'll Make Love To You
- Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories - Stay
- Luther Vandross - Endless Love
- Babyface - When Can I See You
- Changing Faces - Stroke You Up
- John Mellencamp - Wild Night
- Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do
- Elton John - Can You Feel The Love Tonight
- Coolio - Fantastic Voyage
- Warren G - This DJ
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?