Sunday 29 September 1996
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carson Fanikos .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix) by Los Del Rio.
In UK Ready Or Not by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Bound, directed by The Wachowski Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while Make the Connection by Bob Greene, Oprah Winfre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gullage's.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer: Red Alert or Gekisou Sentai Carranger: Zenkai! Racer Senshi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1996!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1996 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Delicate Balance closes at Plymouth Theater, New York City
- 34th Tennis Federation Cup: USA beats Spain in Atlantic City USA (5-0)
- Alanis Morissette ends her 1st US tour (Houston Texas)
- Baltimore Orioles end season with record 257 HRs
- Nintendo 64 video game system debuts in USA (3 months after Japan)
- Orioles Brady Anderson is 14th to hit 50 HRs
- SD Padres sweep LA Dodgers in race for NL West title
- Trish Johnson wins LPGA Fieldcrest Cannon Golf Classic
- US wins Federation Cup over Spain
- Nintendo releases the Nintendo 64 video game system and Super Mario 64 video game in North America. Price is US$199.95.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever
- Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Eric Clapton - Change The World
- LL Cool J - Loungin'
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- No Mercy - Where Do You Go
- Alanis Morissette - You Learn
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?