Thursday 1 August 1907
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Krybskytten, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1907.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1907 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Grete Kusber: German resistance fighter who was politically active against the Nazi regime.
- Eric Shipton: Sri Lankan-English mountaineer and explorer (d. 1977).
- Anton Ameiser: German military, a Nazi in the Waffen SS.
- Signal Corps of US army starts aircraft division
- Bank of Italy opens first branch at 3433 Mission Street, San Francisco.
- Start of First Scout camp on Brownsea Island.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1907 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- In the Wildwood Where the Blue Bells Grew - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- Meet Me Down at the Corner - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
- La Boheme - O Soave Fanciulla (Thou Sweetest Maiden) - Enrico Caruso & Nellie Melba
- And Then I Laughed - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?