Thursday 15 April 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'm Telling You Now by Freddie and the Dreamers.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1965 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Michele Redman in Zanesville: Ohio, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Star Bank-third).
- Anthony Miller NFL wide receiver (Denver Broncos: Dallas Cowboys).
- Soichi Noguchi in Yokohama: Japan; astronaut.
- Mark Dennis NFL tackle (Carolina Panthers: Green Bay Packers).
- Kevin Stevens in Brockton: Massachusetts, USA; NHL left wing (Los Angeles Kings).
- Kevin Stevens: American hockey player, a left-wing for the NHL. He played for the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers between 1983 and 2002.
- Linda Perry: American rock singer-songwriter, and record producer. Once known as the lead singer and primary songwriter of 4 Non Blondes, Perry has founded two record labels, composing and producing hit songs for several other successful female singers. They include Christina Aguilera (who had a worldwide hit with Perry's "Beautiful"), Gwen Stefani ("What You Waiting For?" from her album Love. Angel. Music. Baby.), Adam Lambert's "A Loaded Smile" and Grace Slick ("Knock Me Out"). Perry has also contributed h
- Syd Chaplin: dies at age 80.
- NFL changes penalty flag from white to bright gold.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Shirley Ellis - The Clapping Song (Clap Pat Clap Slap)
- The Moody Blues - Go Now!
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?