Friday 1 August 1997
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Coenen and Kenzie Elizabeth.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans was in the top 5 hits.
Cop Land, directed by James Mangold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Songs in Ordinary Time by Mary McGarry Morris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rummel & Rabalder.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cool Boarders 2 or Batman & Robin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1997!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1997 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Famous Birthdays:01 August
- Boeing and McDonnell Douglas complete their merger.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
- The Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money, Mo Problems
- Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
- Mark Morrison - Return Of The Mack
- Robyn - Do You Know (What It Takes)
- Shawn Colvin - Sunny Came Home
- R. Kelly - Gotham City
- Bone Thugs N Harmony - Look Into My Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?