Saturday 16 August 1997
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans.
In UK I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans was in the top 5 hits.
Event Horizon, directed by Paul Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1997!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1997 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Famous Birthdays:16 August
- For only 2nd time Stanley Cup leaves North America (heads to Russia)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money, Mo Problems
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- Meredith Brooks - Bitch
- The Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
- Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
- The Spice Girls - 2 Become 1
- Lil' Kim - Not Tonight
- Robyn - Do You Know (What It Takes)
- Dru Hill - Never Make A Promise
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 16 August 1997 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?