Wednesday 2 February 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Africa by Toto.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Der fremde Vogel, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1983!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1983 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Ronny Cedeno: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Alex Westaway: British musician.
- Will South: British musician (Thirteen Senses).
- Ronny Cedeño: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Carolina Klüft: Swedish heptathlete and jumper.
- Chicago Absp Joseph L Bernardin is among 18 new cardinals invested
- Pope John Paul II names 18 new cardinals.
- Giovanni Vigliotto goes on trial for multiple counts of bigamy involving 105 women.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 2 February 1983 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?