Tuesday 5 May 1998
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Too Close by Next.
In UK It's Like That by Run-DMC vs Jason Nevins was in the top 5 hits.
Deep Impact, directed by Mimi Leder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... And It's All Small Stuff by Richard Carlson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1998.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1998 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Next - Too Close
- Mariah Carey - My All
- Shania Twain - You're Still The One
- The Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- Public Announcement - Body Bumpin' Yippie-Yi-Yo
- Montell Jordan - Let's Ride
- K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life
- Madonna - Frozen
- Busta Rhymes - Turn It Up (Remix)/Fire It Up'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?