Saturday 16 May 1998
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Too Close by Next.
In UK Under The Bridge / Lady Marmalade by All Saints was in the top 5 hits.
Kiki's Delivery Service, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while You Belong to Me by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1998!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1998 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
Famous Birthdays:16 May
- First Global Street Party, with events in Czech Republic, Netherlands, Finland, Germany, USA, Australia, Canada, Switzerland, England. Total of 30 Reclaim The Streets events are held in 20 countries, on sections of public roads, by hundreds or thousands of people.
- 124th Preakness: Kent Desormeaux on Real Quiet wins in 1:54.8.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Next - Too Close
- K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- Mariah Carey - My All
- Shania Twain - You're Still The One
- Montell Jordan - Let's Ride
- The Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
- Public Announcement - Body Bumpin' Yippie-Yi-Yo
- It's All About Me - Mya
- Xscape - The Arms Of The One Who Loves You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?