Saturday 30 May 1998
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Mitchell .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Too Close by Next.
In UK Under The Bridge / Lady Marmalade by All Saints was in the top 5 hits.
Mulan, directed by Tony Bancroft, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Horse Whisperer by Nicholas Evans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gunfighters of the West.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons or Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1998!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1998 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- A magnitude 6.6 earthquake hits northern Afghanistan, killing up to 5,000.
- Nuclear Testing: Pakistan conducts an underground test in the Kharan Desert. It is reported to be a plutonium device with yield of 20kt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Next - Too Close
- Mariah Carey - My All
- Shania Twain - You're Still The One
- Janet - I Get Lonely
- The Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)
- Mya - It's All About Me
- Xscape - The Arms Of The One Who Loves You
- Savage Garden - Truly Madly Deeply
- K-Ci & JoJo - All My Life
- Public Announcement - Body Bumpin' Yippie-Yi-Yo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?