Saturday 6 August 1994
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Benson .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Stay by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories.
In UK Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was in the top 5 hits.
The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, directed by Stephan Elliott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while In the Kitchen With Rosie by Rosie Dale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vacant Lot.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Contra: Hard Corps or Dual Orb II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1994!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1994 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Domenico Modugno: Italian singer and songwriter who took top prize at the 1958 San Remo music festival for the song "Nel Blu, Dipinto Di Blu," a song know as, "Volare," in the U.S.
- Algerian Moslem fundamentalists threaten school / Universities
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?