Friday 6 August 1993
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Can't Help Falling In Love by UB40.
In UK Living On My Own by Freddie Mercury was in the top 5 hits.
The Secret Garden, directed by Agnieszka Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1993!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1993 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Tre Mason: Football Player.
- Charlotte McKinney: Model.
- Alexa Moffett: Dancer.
- Kaori Ishihara: Japanese voice actress and singer (StylipS).
- Japan Hosokawa government begins
- Pope John Paul II publishes Veritatis splendor encyclical
- Heavy rains and debris kill 72 in the Kagoshima and Aira areas of Kyushu, Japan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?