Tuesday 10 May 1977
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Heidfeld and Denise Ho.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to When I Need You by Leo Sayer.
In UK I Don't Want To Talk About It / First Cut Is The Deepest by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
The Car, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Oliver'S Story by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Poldark.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Destroyer or Space Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1977!
Which were the important events of 10 May 1977 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Nick Heidfeld: German Formula One driver.
- Denise Ho: Hong Kong singer.
- Amanda Borden in Cincinnati: Ohio; gymnast (World-silver-1994, Olympics-gold-1996).
- Chas Licciardello: Australian comedian.
- Keith Murray: American singer (We Are Scientists).
- Peedie Snipes: American male victim of progeria, the aging disease. Unable to keep food down for days after he was born, Snipes weighed only 21 lbs. at the age of four. His hair had begun to fall out at the age of one. He cut his adult teeth when he was two, had age spots and cataracts at three and by the time he was 13, had arthritis and was pushing the limits of old age. A normal teenager inside, he enjoyed talking to girls on the phone, playing video games and had a cherry red go-kart. Upbeat, optimistic an
- Henri Camara: Senegalese footballer
- Sergei Nakariakov: Russian trumpet player
- Joan Crawford: American actress, on-screen from 1925 in "Ladies of the Night.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 May 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Leo Sayer - When I Need You
- Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke
- Eagles - Hotel California
- Glen Campbell - Southern Nights
- Climax Blues Band - Couldn't Get It Right
- Jennifer Warnes - Right Time Of The Night
- Atlanta Rhythm Section - So In To You
- KC and the Sunshine Band - I'm Your Boogie Man
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Rose Royce - I Wanna Get Next To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?