Monday 10 October 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Red Red Wine '88 by UB40.
In UK One Moment In Time by Whitney Houston was in the top 5 hits.
The Accused, directed by Jonathan Kaplan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Cardinal Of The Kremlin by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1988!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1988 ?
- Jacob Williams: Comedian.
- Rose McIver: TV Actress.
- Matthew Meese: TV Actor.
- Luis Cardozo: Paraguayan footballer.
- Shaun Fensom: Australian rugby player.
- Brown Ideye: Nigerian footballer
- Toby Smith: Australian-New Zealand rugby player
- Mohammed Merah: French serial killer and terrorist. Merah is the perpetrator of a series of three gun attacks targeting French soldiers and Jewish civilians, in the cities of Montauban and Toulouse in the Midi-Pyrénées region of France. In total, seven people were killed, plus the perpetrator, and five others were injured, four seriously. Merah, a 23-year-old French Muslim who claimed ties to the terrorist group al-Qaeda, although these claims are unproven. After a 30-hour siege, on 22 March 2012, Mohamed Merah
- 22nd Country Music Association Award: Highway 101, K T Oslin win
- Royals announce that Dick Howser, who underwent surgery for a brain tumor in July, will return to manage the club in 1989
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Red Red Wine '88 - UB40
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Phil Collins - Groovy Kind Of Love
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
- Information Society - What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Steve Winwood - Don't You Know What The Night Can Do?
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- The Escape Club - Wild, Wild West
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Hate Myself For Loving You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?