Tuesday 16 September 1997
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Honey by Mariah Carey.
In UK Men In Black by Will Smith was in the top 5 hits.
L.A. Confidential, directed by Curtis Hanson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1997!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1997 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
Famous Birthdays:16 September
- Antony Kearey: Television producer, dies at 77.
- ABL MVP Nikki McCray signs with WNBA
- Apple Computer Inc names co-founder Steve Jobs temporary CEO
- Mark McGwire signs with the St. Louis Cardinals for $26M
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Honey
- The Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
- Usher - You Make Me Wanna..
- The Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money, Mo Problems
- LeAnn Rimes - How Do I Live
- Puff Daddy & Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
- The Spice Girls - 2 Become 1
- Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
- Aqua - Barbie Girl
- Jewel - Foolish Games
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?