Sunday 18 October 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do) by Christopher Cross.
In UK It's My Party by Dave Stewart With Barbara Gaskin was in the top 5 hits.
The Evil Dead, directed by Sam Raimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1981!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1981 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Tommy Joe Ratliff: American Bassist/Guitarist/Keyboardist.
- Tina Hergold: Slovenian tennis player.
- Greg Warren: American football player.
- Richard Vuu: Actor (Last Emperor).
- Tommy Ratliff: Guitarist.
- Poland General Jaruzelski elected party leader
- New York Giants Joe Danelo ties NFL record of six field goals in a game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Sheena Easton - For Your Eyes Only
- Eddie Rabbitt - Step By Step
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- Journey - Who's Crying Now
- Dan Fogelberg - Hard To Say
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?