Wednesday 18 November 1981
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thierry Dusautoir and Nasim Pedrad.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie was in the top 5 hits.
Ragtime, directed by Milos Forman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It Takes a Worried Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Stampede or Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1981!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1981 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Thierry Dusautoir: French rugby union player from the Ivory Coast (mother), his father is a white French.
- Nasim Pedrad: Iranian-born American comedienne.
- Dianne dela Fuente: Filipino singer and actress.
- Shin Ji: South Korean singer-songwriter (Koyote).
- Gian Magdangal: Filipino singer and actor (17:28).
- Vittoria Puccini: Italian actress
- Maggie Stiefvater: American author
- Allison Tolman: American actress
- Christina Vidal: American actress and singer
- Phillies 3rd baseman Mike Schmidt wins his 2nd consecutive NL MVP
- COMDEX Fall, IBM introduces the IBM PC. Scientific Solutions announces the first PC add-in cards.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- The Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
- Air Supply - Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)
- Bob Seger - Tryin' To Live My Life Without You (Live)
- Little River Band - The Night Owls
- The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
- Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)
- Mike Post - The Theme From Hill Street Blues
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?