Saturday 20 May 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Arthur Berthelet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1916!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1916 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Owen Chadwick: English rugby player historian and academic (d. 2015).
- Alexey Maresyev: Russian soldier and pilot (d. 2001).
- Trebisonda Valla: Italian athlete (d. 2006).
- Alexei Petrovich Maresiev: Russian flying ace (d. 2001).
- John McIntyre: theologian.
- Cornelie Coposu: politician.
- Ondina Valla: Italian gymnast who won the Gold Medal at the 1936 summer Olympics, in Berlin, Germany. In addition to winning the gold medal, she also set many championship records. Known as an "athletica" in Italy, she was a woman who participated in multiple sports. Not only was she a gymnast, but she also was involved in many other sports, such as track and field, in which she participated in the 80 meter obstacles. She died on October 16, 2006 at her home in L'Aquila, Italy. She was 90 years old.
- Codell, Kansas hit by tornado (also on same date in 1917 & 1918)
- Saturday Evening Post cover features Norman Rockwell painting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Wake Up, America! - James F. Harrison (as Frederick J. Wheeler)
- The Old Refrain - John McCormack
- She's the Daughter of Mother Machree - Charles Harrison
- She's the Daughter of Mother Machree - Manuel Romain
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?